“There are no ugly women, only lazy ones” - Helena Rubinstein

Monday, May 7

Liz Earle sheer make up review and swatches


I ordered samples of Liz Earles sheer skin tint In my little beauty box from latest in beauty. I tried them all for a few times and here's the promised review. Yep, I have tried ALL of the colours without realising.... I read the colour on one of the samples and after assuming that all of them would be the same(I received 3) I opened one of the sachets and slapped the product on...you can imagine my surprise at colour no1 BARE being about 5 shades to dark for me. Still, determined to test the stuff, I just blended it over my neck and ears. It took my morning brain about 15mins to think to check other sachets :)

In the end I discovered I got sent a sample of three of the colours the sheer tint comes in:
01 Bare
02 Beige
03 Beach

What they say:
The perfect way to enhance your skin. Our rich and creamy, yet lightweight formula leaves all skin types looking naturally dewy, even and radiant. With mineral UV protection SPF15, it’s enriched with our own blend of natural source vitamin E, borage and avocado, specially selected to work in harmony with our skincare range.

My thoughts

Firstly, they smell awfull! A bit like mix of clay and stale oil (yuck!). Once you get over it, the product is actually quite nice. I used Real Techniques Buffing Brush and it blends very easily. You don't need much product to. A sample size of 2ml was enough for about 3 applications. I had a fruit acid peel done recently and my skin has been flaking a little, but this felt moisturising and evened out my skin tone without accentuating the flakiness. Very light, sheer coverage, for those with very dry skin. I found that as my skin got less dry, the skin tint was just to shiny. Not even dewy, as the product after few hours on the skin turned a bit grayish...definitely a no-go for those who like mat finish or those with oily skin.

Ingredients:
Aqua (water), Cyclopentasiloxane, C12-15 Alkyl benzoate, Zinc oxide, Titanium dioxide, Sorbitol, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, Isononyl isononanoate, Polyglyceryl-4 isostearate, Talc, Disteardimonium hectorite, Sodium chloride, Squalane, Borago officinalis (borage) seed oil, Polyhydroxystearic acid, Propylene glycol, Alumina, Aluminum stearate, Silica, Isostearic acid, Stearic acid, Aluminum hydroxide, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Sodium dehydroacetate, Methicone, Tocopherol (vitamin E), Persea gratissima (avocado) oil, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, +/- CI 77891 (titanium dioxide), CI 77491 (iron oxides), CI77492 (iron oxides), CI77499 (iron oxides).

Good ingredients with physical sunscreens, silica will give the makeup airbrushed finish and borage and avocado oils for nourishment. It may be a concern to some, that although Liz Earle claims to use all natural and best ingredients available, they still rely on parabens as preservatives.

Bottom line: If you can get over the smell, this is a nice tinted moisturiser option for those with dry skin.

RRP £21 for 40ml

No comments:

Post a Comment