“There are no ugly women, only lazy ones” - Helena Rubinstein

Sunday, April 29

What's in my Eco GLOSSY BOX April 2012

It has been a long wait for this months GLOSSYBOX, but definitely worth it!
Celebrating the fact that April is an earth month, 
the special edition box is 100% biodegradable, 
containing all natural, ethical goodies.
I'm usually not that keen on "organic" beauty products, 
so it will be interesting to try them.

 I found with GLOSSYBOX, that the limited edition boxes contain better, more exciting products.

 FIGS & ROUGE lip balm (RRP £3.29)  
The packaging on this one is so cute! Lovely soft, light lip balm. Certified organic by the Soil Association. Petroleum free, beeswax and sunflower oil based with nourishing Shea butter. Unfortunately, it also contains potent skin irritants like peppermint, limonene and linalool. I could feel a slight tingling sensation when applied it. This might be problematic if you use it on broken skin, i.e.: chapped lips, so the idea of having those irritating ingredients in supposedly soothing product defeats the purpose. As for tea tree...great on zits, not much benefit for the lip area. All that said, I will probably still use the product, because I just cant imagine putting that beautiful tin away.


MONUspa hand and nail cream (RRP £25.95)
Another full size product! Good hand cream that absorbs quickly, without leaving greasy residue on the skin, but making it feel soft and hydrated. I found the smell a bit overwhelming, but if you like lavender you might enjoy it. I cannot find an ingredient list for the product, so can't really comment on those.

 CAUDALIE Vinosource SOS Thirst-Quenching Serum (RRP £29.00 for 30ml)
I think I'm the most excited about trying this one. I got a very generous 10ml sample of this hydrating serum. I went to the GLOSSYBOX VIP evening with Caudalie and I was hoping that I'll get some of their products in my box. The idea of having a cosmetic product made from grapes from french vineyard is very appealing :) It contains grape extracts that have been proven to be very potent antioxidants.
 PHILIP B. Styling gel (RRP £13 for 178ml)
I'm not that keen on this one, as I don't really use much hair styling products. Will let my husband test it :)


 INIKA Certified organic lip liner 
in 03 Sugar Plum (RRP £11.75)
This lip liner is in a lovely rich coppery red colour with plum undertones.


Overall a great selection of products this month. 
What did you get in yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment